Hello from us. In this tutorial, we will tell you on how to setup your business email on Microsoft Outlook. By using Microsoft Outlook, all incoming email can be stored in your computer. You are now no longer need to have bigger email server (www.yourwebsite.com/webmail) to store all your email. Microsoft Outlook has a function to take all your email on the server into your computer. With this function, you are no longer have to worry about email space in the server. Here are the steps on how to setup your email using Microsoft Outlook :
STEP 1 : Open your Microsoft Outlook > Click File
STEP 3 : A popup will occur (Add Account). Choose Manual Setup
STEP 5 : Under POP & IMAP Account Setting, put your email info :
- User Information : put in your full email address for both section (Your Name & Email Address)
- Server Information: Choose POP3. For incoming & outgoing mail, put in mail.yourwebsite.com. For example, your website is www.iceink.com.my, so your incoming & outgoing mail is mail.iceink.com.my (ignore www)
- Logon Information: put in your full email & password
Make sure you tick on Remember password
- Click on More Setting
STEP 6 : a popup will occur (Internet E-mail Settings). Go to Outgoing Server tab.
STEP 7 : Next, go to Advanced tab (beside outgoing server).
- Under incoming server, put 110 . under outgoing server, put in 26 (some of our server use port 25).
- For server timeouts, you can set it to be longer if you want to receive big size of email in future. If you set it to be short, once you receive big file, the email will bounce back to the sender. Recommended : 2 minutes server timeouts.
- Delivery: tick on “Leave a copy of message on the server“. Tick also “Remove from server after : [depends on you] days“. For example, if you put 14 days, then all your received email will be automatically deleted on the server (webmail). But, all your email is now stored in your computer. With this method, you will no longer have an issue on not having enough email space since all your email now are stored in your computer, not your email server.
- Click OK
STEP 8 : Once done with Internet Email Setting, you will go back to POP and IMAP Account Settings.
STEP 9 : Next, a popup Test Account Settings will occur.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
ICEINK, YOUR WEBSITE DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT PARTNER.
At ICEINK, we take care your website from emails, databases, web file, design, search engine optimization (SEO), payment gateways integration and many thing related to website design & development.
We are based in Johor Bahru (Malaysia). Got business ideas and want to transform your ideas into website? Contact Us Now and let’s schedule physicals or online meeting (Zoom & Google Meet).